Advanced Air Mobility Applications
Urban and Advanced Air Mobility are global market opportunities. Weather and wind will play a significant role across the value chain, as some of the key challenges that the industry needs to overcome to be able to bring Drones and VTOLs to the benefit of our society. DM-AirTech supports the advanced air mobility industry all the way from investment and planning to day-to-day operation of drones.
You can now integrate weather intelligence in your advanced air mobility projects.
We provide application-centric analytics and solutions to weather problems for advanced air mobility projects.
Weather currently impacts civil aviation with a revenue loss of ca. 2B$ yearly.
Today it is impossible to precisely calculate the impact of weather on the advanced air mobility market, but it is clear that foreseeing and overcoming the challenges connected to flying light vehicles in complex environments could be a keystone for the entire industry.
DM-AirTech aims to add value to the planning and decision making, to support safe and efficient management of flight operations.
Investment & Planning
Our weather-based analytics support investment and planning decisions, aiming to maximize the return on investment of our clients.
Increasing your target operability by a few percentage points can easily lead to millions of dollars in additional profits over the lifetime of our project, and our solutions aim to support you to do exactly that.
- City planners, infrastructure developer and municipalities can use VertiPlaceGWC to identify the most operable locations for Vertiports by integrating weather analysis and VTOLs specifications.
- With CorridorGWC it is possible to calculate the efficiency of an aerial connection between vertiports by integrating weather analysis and your VTOL specifications, allowing you to select which ones will lead to the highest operability.
Investment Agencies | Municipalities | Authorities | Governments | Vertiport planners | Vertiport owners | Vertiport Managers | Governments | Urban planners
Data analysts | Executives | Engineers | Architects
Design Vertiports and Corridors
Determining the levels of wind, gust and turbulence on the Final Approach area for Take-Off and Landing (FATO) is critical to be able to validate if a candidate vertiport location will be viable. Additionally, a vertiport design can be optimized to regularize the flow on the FATO and increase passenger experience, safety, energy efficiency and ultimately ROI.
A parallel optimization can be performed on aerial corridors aiming at finding the most weather resilient connection between mobility hubs.
Leveraging decades of expertise in aerodynamics and wind engineering, we provide design guidelines as well as hands-on tools to support engineers and architects with these optimization processes resulting in enhanced operability.
- Following feasibility studies, when the full focus goes to the design, VertDesignGWC can be easily integrated int engineering’s and architects’ workflows to get design guidelines and improvements w.r.t local winds and turbulence.
- VertiPlaceGWC Tier-3 can validate specific locations and measure on the target FATO the flow variables of interest for the project.
Engineering Companies | Municipalities | Authorities | Governments | Vertiport planners | Vertiport owners | Vertiport Managers | Governments | Urban planners
Engineers | Architects
eVTOL & Drones requirements
If you are an OEM, you would probably agree that it is rather difficult to design an eVTOL or a Drone capable of high operability in different locations with different weather conditions. You are most likely approaching and executing your design iterations with specific use cases and with target locations in mind.
In terms of weather, our solutions can make it straightforward to determine the specifications of your eVTOL or Drone based on your target operability and location.
- Using VertiPlaceGWC it is possible to analyze operability trends and functions that are dependent on variation of current specs.
Engineering Companies | OEMs
Engineers | Architects
We provide on-ground and in-flight weather solutions that integrate and support your flight planning, flight execution and route optimization.
- Vertiport Operators require real time high-resolution weather information as well as autonomous flight enablers. With VertiMonitorGWC we can support real-time weather decision making and weather safety assessments for your highly automated vertiport operations.
Vertiport Managers | Vertiport Operators | USSP | UTM
Engineers | Architects
Engineering services for Aeronautics
This is an exciting moment for the aeronautical industry. Two major revolutions are happening at once i.e. one is advanced air mobility and the second is electrification.
Our engineering team takes on specific challenges that correspond to our ethics and passions and work very closely with OEMs on project works that support the journey to net zero.
Engineering Services for Aeronautics
We work with OEMs to support with design of systems and components as well as with their optimization. Whether you are looking for support with aerodynamic / aerothermal designs or hydrogen systems, you our Computational Fluid Dynamics and our System Engineering services may be for you.
- We support OEMs with the development of a numerical methodology based on System Engineering, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to perform architecture up to the component level design of thermal systems and aerodynamics using in-house as well as commercial and open source software e.g. StarCCM+, OpenFOAM, Simulink etc.
- Our team has also expertise and experience supporting the development of controls of Fuel Cell and hydrogen distribution systems, which are deployed on the side of OEMs leading the electrification of aviation.